Thursday, January 29, 2015

Bathroom Makeover on a Budget

It's been a while!! School was kicking my butt last semester, so I didn't have much time to do anything else. Now that I'm back on track, I'm back to the blog!! 

Today I'm going to show you my guest bathroom makeover. The bathroom wasn't too bad before, but I just didn't like it. The dark yellow walls made it feel like a little cave, and the accessories were lacking. (Before) 





I wanted to start out by painting the walls a lighter, brighter color. The paint I chose is Lido Green from Benjamin Moore. I only bought a quart (instead of a gallon) and it turned out to be just enough. (We were literally scraping paint off the can to use at the end haha!!) I couldn't have done any of this without Kalli, my sister. She was a huge help with all the painting. Little rooms suddenly seem ginormous when you notice all of the little nooks you have to paint...and behind the toilet...that wasn't fun. I taped off the baseboards and around the shower and sink. The paint has a built in primer, so it only took one coat to get the color I was happy with. 

After the paint dries, it was time to decorate! First, I hung up this mirror. 




It was $79 at Urban Outfitters...which I wasn't about to pay. I painfully waited for it to go on sale. A few weeks later it was on sale for $29...and then 30% off of that...and I had a $10 off coupon!! Sometimes patience pays off. 

Next I found some cheap artwork to hang. This print is from Brickyard Buffalo, and was only $3 (it was an instant download and i printed it at home) I already had the frame, but I think it's around $10 at Walmart.  


Next, I found this free printable of these cute little old people from http://littlegoldpixel.com/2014/09/28-more-free-printables on Pinterest. The frame was $1 at Walmart. 


This last piece I hung up isn't really my favorite, but it's good for now while I find something else for this wall...and it was only $6 at Hobby Lobby. 


Now for the accessories! I've had this awesome mirror from Ikea for a while, but couldn't decide where to put it until now. 


I found this little tray in bad condition at this really creepy little antique place that my grandad took us to. I believe it was called "Jaques". I cleaned it and then refinished it with some antiquing wax. The candle holder and greenery are from World Market, the little container is from a little shop in Disney World. 



This Amber vase was given to me years ago from my Nanny, the flowers in it are all from the Dollar Tree, the little green cotton ball dish is from an antique store and it cost a dime!! The hand towel is from World Market. 



Overall I am really happy with how this little project turned out!! Altogether it was less than $50 because I used things I already had and found old treasures at antique & thrift stores. Because I saved some money, I was able to buy some pretty new things, too!!




Thanks for stopping by!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment